Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Patterns

Saw Palindromes by Todd Solondz today. I rather liked the real feel of the people. Someone behind me whispered (That's disgusting) at the last scene, when an overweight boy was having sex, with sweat dripping from his face. Well how fresh of a look did you expect then, he was involved in a heavy physical activity, plus overweight, duh.

And yeah I do think we remain the same, regardless of how old we get, still stuck with the same habits and patterns. So gotta learn to enjoy it then.

What else --- oh yes, I'm at awe at how extremely different people can be, and yet each type so likable because of their own personal characteristics.

3 Comments:

At 15 March, 2006 10:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's sometimes surprising to
notice how easily disturbed or
disgusted people can be. Not
that there's anything wrong with
it per se. Maybe I'm just too
disturbed myself... Yeah I
guess that's gotta be it.

 
At 15 March, 2006 22:04, Blogger queerrel said...

Hey, that's pretty much a qualification to become friends with me. Anyhow, I guess it's also true that certain (social) environments trigger these reactions even in people that would otherwise be rather calm about things; only in the company of other people would they have the need to express that they don't want to relate with -whatever-. In a way it has to do with shame. Obviously I'm talking in a much more general level than the example I gave.

 
At 16 March, 2006 14:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually I think very often such
reactions are people's unconscious
attempt to diminish the fact that
they have reacted in a surprising
(to themselves) way to a given
impulse.

The same goes with for example
laughter: Very often we just
make a joke about something that
we are ashamed of really looking
into, and laugh (flush) the whole
out our our heads.

Not that there's anything wrong
with laughter as such, it's just
good to be conscious about why
are we laughing to various things,
and furthermore: Are we actually
capable of dealing with the thing
_without_ laughter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home