Thursday, April 06, 2006

Step into the time machine

My neighbour's playing Morcheeba. Gotta be happy about their taste.

Recently I made a time travel to my grandparents' home in the countryside. Both ceased to exist in this world long ago. I sank deep, deep into memories, and was able to bring back a lot that was forgotten. Details of the interior, a small mirror on the wall, a basement I didn't remember was there, the steep stairs to the upper floor, secret passageways and dusty closets. The fresh, white and tidy feel in my grandmother's room, the wooden and slightly messy feel in my grandfather's room. Outside fields, bushes, strawberries. A well that still worked. A hole in the ground, big enough to go inside, once used for storing potatoes. Sand roads you could run back and forth, the siblings taking turns in pushing and riding this wooden cart. My strongest memory there is of being happy, as every place and day promised an adventure.

A party I just got to attend, by the way, was excellently transformative, as always!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home