Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Just cruise

Theme cruises are good fun!

A friend asked what projects regarding self development am I undergoing at the moment. I laughed a little, as it's very true there never seems to be a project-free moment (she's the same). In that rather comatose state of body & mind I thought of two:
1) Cutting down on criticizing a lot (secretly in my mind) - it's only about projecting personal issues to these objects of criticism anyway. Would be more beneficial to face the things that get on the nerves.
2) Coming to terms with permanent unsureness of everything.

And, usually by the time I can communicate thoughts I'm almost done processing them. So new projects ahead then.

Listening to Emmi: One time

3 Comments:

At 05 May, 2006 00:36, Blogger aquietdeath said...

I think we can be sure of the one thing - 1. every thing is change, (a) our relationship with our self involves (b) our relationsip to every thing else changes too (c) we can make our perception of this process beautiful or ugly (d) we can also change stuff

 
At 08 May, 2006 12:08, Anonymous Anonymous said...

> 2) Coming to terms with permanent
> unsureness of everything.

The only thing that is permanent is change (in its spiral form.)

 
At 14 May, 2006 23:39, Blogger queerrel said...

aquietdeath - I'm also fond of actively changing things rather than just observing. The plus side of change is things never get boring.

korpinsilmä - Spiral indeed, and that form is visible when looking at life in general. The present is repetition of the past, with some changes.

el azul - There's great comfort in impermanence and change. When things really, really suck, you know for sure it won't always be the same. Long-time observations have made me conclude, albeit naively, that things tend to change for the better - or if things won't change, I will (which can be even more rewarding). What you said about projects made me think of projects and processes one is not aware of undergoing, and how harmful that can be. Like clinging to feelings of bitterness, anger, loss, pity (of self or of others).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home